Assignment 1: Lines


Thumbnails:


 




6 Final Line Drawings:

(1-3)                                                                                            (4-6)

The images I choose had stood out to me in different ways. Starting with the (1-3) picture, the top left is a drawing of a church. The day I went there, there was a terrible overcast and it honestly looked like the setting of a bad horror movie. The top right is a picture of a close friend's house. He means the world to me so as I passed his house it was a comforting sight compared to the neighborhood that I was in at the time. Lastly for this chunk,  the bottom picture was an alley way that reminded me of my childhood when I would run around w/ friend's through creepy alleys to see where they would lead.

Next, in the (4-6) picture, starting with the top left image which was of an old lady who had this terrible, cynical attitude toward everyone who passed her on the sidewalk so it definitely stuck with me. Reminded me a lot of my grandmother now that I think of it! Next, the top right image. This image is one of my personal favorites. Although not shown in the picture, it's a beautifully colored building. It happens to be a gay bar and with so few buildings in Sheboygan (at least that I know of) that represent the LGBTQ+, it was a very uplifting sight. Last but not least. the bottom picture. This one was one of the first thumbnails I did and it was of a pair of flowers growing together out of a crack in the concrete. I don't know why I liked the sight so much but I knew I just had to draw it!

Comments

Popular Posts