Assignment 3

 I have absolutely no idea what went wrong with this drawing. It started out perfectly fine and the transfer went lovely, but for some odd reason my blue destroyed the whole painting. It would not mix well and as you can see, it is terribly streaky. I didn't have the time to re-do this project so I had to make do. Overall I am VERY disappointed in my craft this time around. 











What habitat are you most interested in? Why?
- I am most interested in the forest. The woods have always been interesting to me and I love wandering in them.

What living beings reside in this habitat? (Birds, rivers, trees, etc?)
- Deer, various birds, voles, mice, bees...etc.

What are the main elements or species you want to focus on? 
- My original idea was to incorporate bones of some kind (as seen below) but that became way to hard to keep copy and pasting and there was too much of a central element. I then decided that I would show life and death by having a few bones thrown in with all the lovely flowers.
I must say, though, my honeycomb looks like two long giraffe necks >:(

What is the main color palette of this habitat?
- Typically lots of green(s), however I wanted to go for a more fall vibe and mute the green a bit.

What forms can you use together to create an interesting pattern?  Forms from the habitat and outside design elements?
- Flowers, leaves, bones, etc.



















Motif Tile:



Comments

Popular Posts